· Write about the best show you’ve ever been to.
· Write an article about a theatre or concert hall you love
· Write about why you love or hate live entertainment
· Research why we have theatre (Aristotle? Socrates?)
· Try to record the atmosphere of a theatre or concert hall.
· Capture the excitement of attending a live performance
· Could you write a song or two to turn a straight play into a musical? (Don’t worry we won’t ask you to sing it though you can if you like)
· Write a sketch about a theatre / concert hall visit.
· Write a five to ten minute sketch about a creative writing group that isn’t as nice as ours
· Shakespeare peppered his plays with “masques” – plays within plays. Can you create a masque?
· Write a story about a character who goes to the theatre for the first time. What do they see? What does the theatre seem like to them? Does it change them?
· Write a story about a performance that goes wrong
· Write a story about the village amateur dramatic group – who eventually put on a fabulous show.